Some initial thoughts about these three very important aspects of the game mechanics:
- As in the second edition of the Original Game, skills and traits will be divided into two separate groups. Skills can be tested, traits only affect some aspects of the PC / NPC / monster.
- It doesn't make sense to divide talents (i.e. Very Strong or Ambidextrous) and traits (such as Inhuman stats or some monster abilities) into two separate groups as game mechanics treat these two in the same way. Even mutations are traits (but these will be listed separately, mostly because their impact on the role-playing aspect of the game).
- There will be no career class in the MFRP - now dumb PC can be a healer of wizard, just very bad one :D
- I'm not sure how to make random career determination without career classes, but I'll figure it out. Maybe one big table and three (or more) rolls and picking one result - what do you think about it?
- I want to keep the idea about basic and advanced careers - In my opinion it's very important aspect of the game. And it's absolutely logical.
- I'll use simple method of posting career descriptions: one post - one career.
Sorry for the lack of more creative posts - I'll try to post some career lists later today.